It is likely that everyone has encountered insects or rodents in their homes or gardens. Common household pests such as cockroaches, mice, rats, ants, spiders, and termites will always find comfortable havens in our homes. This will always happen despite impeccable housekeeping practices. Damp, dark basements, hot and cool moistures are some of their favorite habitats. You will find pests in bags or cartons, under television sets or heating ducts and in any other location as long as it has a conducive temperature.
While every pest has its level of inconveniences, some of these pests have a rapid rate of multiplication; for example, cockroaches. They lay eggs in batches. They are troublesome because they can easily contaminate food. Additionally, they leave an offensive order when they cross over dishes.
Rats will pose an even larger problem given that they can also bite people, especially babies. They will contaminate food with germs, which can easily cause acute food poisoning. Getting rid of these tiny tormentors can be a tricky affair for many homeowners. Remember each of them requires a tactful approach. There are various methods of discarding the pests. The most common method is the use of pesticides, perhaps because of the availability of the pesticides for almost all household pests. However, natural pest control methods are preferably the best.
Natural pest control is the use of non – toxic ways to eradicate insect pests. And while everyone will advocate for prevention, some of the natural ways you can try include the use of:
- Natural repellants for example catnip for cockroaches or ants. Place the repellant at the point of entry of the pests; this is after having applied it on things like cinnamon or coffee grounds.
- Soap water
- Cedar shampoo for flea treatment
- Pet food supplements such as brewer’s yeast and garlic
- Neem oil is very effective in repelling mosquitoes as well as marigold plants
- Vacuum cleaning beddings to eradicate dust mites and decluttering.
At least, everyone has little knowledge on how to solve the problem of pest infestation. However, sometimes you may need to use the services of a professional pest control company, for example natural pest control Randwick. This comes in handy when the job overshadows the use of home remedies.
Getting professional assistance is highly recommended. The benefits of doing so may vary depending on your needs:
- Need for expertise. A professional will offer training and the most efficient manner of eliminating the bug. They have the knowledge and experience needed.
- Saving on time. Pest control takes time, and sometimes you will forget. However, a professional company will help you monitor the progress of the task. By doing this, you will have fewer worries in regards to exposure to pests.
- Cost. Different pests may require different products. A professional will get this product at a lower or wholesale price. On the other hand, they will use just the right amount, and you end up spending very little.
- Safety. A licensed professional knows what is safe and Eco-friendly. They can also share the alternative methods of managing the pests given that some of them could become resistant.
You can find more information on pest control on the Tubes: